Technology Supports for Home
*** Don't forget to use the many computer resources we have for students to improve their reading and math at home. Find the websites and log on details below.***
STMATH for ipad
How to Set Up ST Math for Home use on Tablets Such as the iPad:
1) Requirements: ST Math can run from these tablets:
- iPad 2 or newer running iOs 5 or later
- Kindle Fire
- 7" Tablet or larger running Android running Android 3.1 or newer
2) Get the app:
- From Itunes for the iPad
- From Google Play or Amazon App Store for the Kindle Fire and other Android tablets
3) To access the program for the first time only, input the following codes:
- For the iPad:
School ID: LAJ73N
For Kindle and Android:
Activation code: LAJ73N-HDG-CW-KKW
4) The student will now be taken to the login screen he or she is familiar with where they would enter their unique picture password.
5) Optional: Create a bookmark or shortcut to make it easier to get to ST Math.
LATEST SITE TO TRY FOR MOST SUBJECTS - LECTURE FIRST FROM PROFESSORS AT BERKLEY UNIVERSITY THEN TRY IT ON. IT'S FREE AND GREAT TEACHING!
Check out this fantastic website, U.S. South Pole Station: Celebrating
Science, full of information, history, and educational products related to
the South Pole.
Learning Upgrade - Math, Comprehension and Reading instructions for home use.
COURSES AT SCHOOL and For Home Use
Our school is using the Learning Upgrade online courses to help students in reading and math: Your child can also use the courses at home. I have given your child a home username and password for each course. Your child can sign in using an internet-connected home computer:You can view your student’s progress in the course by signing in and clicking REPORT next to their name.
JI JI - ST MATH
1. Enter stmath.com in the address line of your web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari are recommended).
2. Click on JiJi, the penguin.
3. Only if this is the first time logging in at home, you will be asked to enter the this homework activation code:
4. Click “I agree.”
5. Click “Allow local data storage.”
6. Your student will then see the familiar screen with JiJi. He or she needs to click JiJi and enter the password exactly as in school. If there are no unplayed games visible, click the button at the bottom of the screen with the green cones to access games previously passed.
7. After playing, the student should always use the back-arrow button on the bottom-left of the screen (just like at school) to exit the program and ensure that progress is saved.
MATH MULTIPLICATION SITES
EVERYDAY MATH ONLINE GAMES
Students have their own log in and password in their folder. Enjoy
Dance Mat Typing: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing/
Touch Typing: http://www.sense-lang.org/typing/tutor/index.php?lang=EN
Typing Practice: http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/typing/index.htm
Note: Please limit keyboarding to 10-15 min. per day for maximum benefit - spending more than than this tend to cause students to lose focus on using the keyboarding technique in an optimal way. I prefer Touch Typing from the list above.
Accelerated Reader: This program provides a comprehension test on all books that are read independently by the student, to the student, or with the student. I get all results so I can analyze the scores. THIS CAN NO LONGER BE USED AT HOME.
Log in: First initial of your first name and first 4 of your last name e.g. jboyl (FOR ME!!)
Razz Kids: A high interest leveled reading program which allows students to move through the levels at their own pace.
Log in: jboylek
Password: just look for your icon and name
Log in: sigurdk
SPELLING WORDS PRACTICE
great for practicing those spelling words